Bottom line: So that effective health care as a basic human right is afforded to ALL people. How do we accomplish this? CCBN and its members are longstanding leaders in nurse professionalism and health care equality whose initiation and promotion of culturally competent and equitable health care practices within the state of Colorado has effected change in global health initiatives, national healthcare standards, Colorado state healthcare policies, and post-secondary curriculum in colleges, universities, and schools of Nursing throughout the state of Colorado, with prominence in metropolitan Denver and throughout the Front Range. Whether a student, QMAP, MA, CNA, LPN, RN or a friend of the profession, all are welcome to join in the cause of solidifying equitable healthcare for ALL through increasing the number of professional Black nurses represented in decision making positions in the healthcare industry. CCBN continues to serve and collaborate with a multitude of communities to equalize the delivery of health services and to be a voice in Congress for those whose voices go unheard. As a result, you don't have to be "Black" to belong. You only need a desire to support the mission of equitable healthcare for ALL and a willingness to address health equity from a cultural perspective.
Join the ranks of those who are leaders in the profession. Capitalize on the rich history, community connections, and education opportunities that membership affords. Most important, feel the satisfaction in knowing that you make a difference in assuring ALL peoples enjoy the basic human right of culturally competent and equitable health care.
- Regular Membership
- Professional nurses and nurse pathway carreers from QMAP to DNP/PhD.
- Student & First Year Graduate Membership
- Students in nurse pathway or nursing programs WHO DO NOT HAVE AN REGISTERED NURSE (RN) LICENSE as well as unlicensed graduates within their first year after graduation from nursing school.
Conditional memberships are available as follows:
- Any pre-nursing or nursing student receiving assistance with membership dues from a third party organization or individual.
- Nursing school graduates who have not yet passed the NCLEX a year or more AFTER graduation; OR (2) A student pursuing nursing in the prerequisite stage of the nursing program OR (3) New applicants applying between the months of August-November of the current year with paid membership for the upcoming year.
- ECCBN Membership
- CCBN promotes the professional advancement of its members and in so doing maintains a tight knit relationship with the Eastern Colorado Council Black Nurses Inc (ECCBN). CCBN members who meet ECCBN membership qualifications enjoy special discounts on local dues. See below for ECCBN membership levels.
ECCBN Membership & Levels
Expand leadership opportunities and let your voice be heard on Capitol Hill! Increase the availability of undergrad and graduate scholarships through membership in the Eastern Colorado Council of Black Nurses Inc (ECCBN). ECCBN's chartered membership in the National Black Nurses Association, Inc. (NBNA) is a conduit for licensed nurses and unlicensed nursing students to join the over 200,000 nurses who recognize the value of belonging to the only national professional African American nursing association. Membership levels are as follows:
- Student: unlicensed nursing student who is enrolled in a nursing program, college or school of nursing.
- First Year Grad: any unlicensed graduate who has graduated within one calendar year of the time of application.
- RN/LPN/LVN: all registered and licensed RNs, LPNs, and LVNs who are in good standing with the licensing agency of their state or territory. Regular members are entitled to all privileges and benefits of membership.
- Retired: any RN/LPN/LVN who is retired at 65+ years or retired at 30 years or more in the profession.
- Lifetime: Lifetime Membership - any member who wishes to pay a one-time fee and chapter fees annually if applicable.
- Lifetime Benefits include:
- Complimentary conference registration in the year that the final payment is made
- Lifetime Membership Certificate
- Listed on the NBNA Lifetime Members Plaque
- Listed in the NBNA Conference Souvenir Program annually
- Listed on the NBNA website
- Special recognition at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference honoring Lifetime Members
- Special seating for Lifetime Members at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference
- Complimentary NBNA premium
- Lifetime Benefits include:
- Any member who is not in the nursing profession but supports the mission and active in the chapter. NBNA offers a variety of associate memberships, and being in the medical profession is not a requirement. Associate members have no voting rights on the national nor local levels. Any associate membership other than the standard "AM" must be applied for directly through the NBNA website.